Tuesday 5 October | 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Plenary session | 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. | Welcome and coffee
9:00 a.m. | Opening plenary session
Olivier Véran, minister of Solidarity and Health, France
9:05 | Keynote speeches
- Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium, advocate for the United Nations sustainable development goals
- António Guterres, secretary general, UN (video)
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general, WHO (video call)
- Henrietta H. Fore, executive director, UNICEF (video)
- Mathias Cormann, general secretary, OCDE (video)
- Hauwa Ojeifo, executive director, She Writes Woman, Nigeria
- Andre Decraene, acting president, Eufami
9:40 a.m. | Global mental health summits : from London to Paris, via Amsterdam
- The Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, UK (video)
- Tom de Bruijn, minister of Foreign Trade and DevelopmentCooperation, Netherlands
10:00 a.m. | Coffee break
10:30 a.m. | Dialogue between global health and rights
Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic : resilience and vulnerability of individuals and organizations
- Ulrik Knudsen, deputy secretary general, OECD
- Françoise Vanni, Head of external relations and communications, Global Fund (video call)
- Philippe Duneton, executive director, Unitaid
- Agnès Soucat, Head of Health & Social Protection Unit. AFD
Promoting rights : a strong lever for health policies and care organizations
- Michael Njenga, regional mental health advisor – Africa, CBM Global Disability Inclusion (video call)
- Dunja Mijatovic, commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe (video)
- Tlaleng Mofokeng, special rapporteur on the right to physical and mental health, UN (video call)
- Shantha Rau Barriga, Human Rights Watch
- Dr Soumitra Pathare, director, Centre for Mental Health Law and Policy, Indian Law Society, India (video call)
12:00 a.m. | Lunch
Parallel workshop | 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
2:00 p.m. | Workshops on "The place of mental health in global health during and after the pandemic"
Workshop 1 – The impact of COVID on mental health
Workshop 2 – What place for experiential knowledge ?
Workshop 3 – How to protect the mental health of children and adolescents ?
Workshop 4 – Vulnerable groups amidst a health crisis : how do we address inequalities ?
Workshop 5 – Accelerating momentum on mental health and psychosocial support
4:30 p.m. | Coffee break
Plenary session | 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. | Closing plenary : Mobilizing around mental health : examples and tools
- Geert Cappelaere, director of Brussel’s office, Unicef and Clara Pessey : Presentation of the report "The State of the World’s Children"
- Hans Kluge, regional director, WHO Euro : Presentation of the Athens Declaration (video call)
- Philippe Da Costa, chair, Croix Rouge Française
- Fabrizio Starace, ministry of Health, Italy : Presentation of the policy paper published during the G20 Mental Health side event
6:00 p.m. | Announcement of the next Global Mental Health Summit
- Olivier Véran, minister of Solidarity and Health, France
- Roberto Speranza, minister of health, Italy
6:15 p.m. | High-level cocktail
Wednesday 6 october | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. | Welcome and coffee
Workshops on "Innovative Practices for Rights in Mental Health" | 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Workshop 6 – "From Texts to Transformation" : Mobilizing global commitments, resolutions, and guidance for successful mental health reform
Workshop 7 – How can we innovate to ensure rights in mental health services ?
Workshop 8 – What strategies to reduce coercion in psychiatry ?
Workshop 9 – Can you learn about rights ?
Workshop 10 – Mental Health and Psychosocial Support : from local to global emergencies
12:00 a.m. | Lunch
High level meeting (limited access) | 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Chair : Sophie Cluzel, secretary of State for people with disability
- Stéphanie Seydoux, ambassador for Global Health, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- Frank Bellivier, ministerial delegate for Mental Health and Psychiatry, Ministry of Solidarity and Health
- Presentation of workshop recommendations
- Round table
Plenary session | 2:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. | Summary of the workshops
Simon Vasseur-Bacle, project manager, ministerial delegation for Mental Health and Psychiatry, Ministry of Solidarity and Health
2:30 p.m. | Sport and mental health : towards better care. Testimonies of high level athletes in the perspective of Paris 2024
- Roxana Maracineanu, Delegate Minister for Sports
- Marie-Amélie Le Fur, 9-time Paralympic medalist and President of the French Paralympic and Sports Committee
- Debra Alexander, Psychologist, International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Governing Board ; vice president, African Triathlon Union (video call)
- Laurence Fischer, French Ambassador for Sport
3:15 p.m. | After Paris 2021 : common actions and challenges
- Tim Kendall, national clinical director for Mental Health, NHS England
- Agnès Buzyn, Executive Director, WHO Academy
- Princess Mabel van Oranje, Advocate for Equality, Freedom & Justice
3:45 p.m. | Announcements and closing
Sophie Cluzel, secretary of State for Persons with Disabilities